Since the 1970's DUCK has never ceased to come up with fun, whacky fundraising ideas, and there is NO exception when it comes to our events! Whether we're holding a gigantic rubber duck race, Back 2 School parties, publishing naked calendars or persuading students to grow ravishing moustaches, we've got something for everyone!
What's more, you're on exactly the right part of the webiste to find out more about DUCK's events this upcoming year!
Well… as if that list of fantastic fundraising events wasn’t enough for anyone!
I, however, have a slight obsession with a) putting on superb events b) making bucket loads of money for charity, and c) winning (I seem to have found a competitive nemesis within the Durham fundraising world). This is why I hope to build on the success of last year and launch some exciting new events of my own. Here’s a taster for what you may be seeing around Durham over the next 12 months:
• DUCK Showdown – an explosive mixture between a talent show, a fashion show and a gig
• Expeditions Reunion – a formal dinner for all those student who have participated in DUCK’s expeditions this summer
• Movember Shaving Party – a big night out to celebrate the cleansing of your face.
• Pimp My Barrow – it’s a team bar crawl with wheelbarrows and fancy dress… what more could you want?
• Graduation Ball - end your degree in style!
• DUCK Festival/Carnival/World Records Day – basically, a massive party in the sun while doing something spectacular.
• DUCK Play – working with Durham Student Theatre to merge these two great societies.